Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yellow......


It is WARM..... it radiates OPTIMISM, inspires and raises the spirits.........

at this crazy crazy time in my life I look to yellow to keep me positive and moving forward.....enjoy !!!


The colour yellow appears to advance.......it has the highest reflectivity of any colour !


It's a colour that comes in and out of fashion and will often pop up for spring.....just like the daffodils !


It warms and energises a room instantly....



Softer yellows are more popular and can be used more freely...

Just a hint of yellow delights the senses in a neutral room....






Cheerful, optimistic and bursting with zest for life....




Yellow certainly stimulates my creativity.
xx


Thank you desire to inspire, holly's view as I see it, david jimenez, domino, emma lee photography, if the lampshade fits, peter murdock.

12 comments:

alison giese Interiors said...

Hi There! Just found you via Lime in the Coconut by way of Pure Style Home - whew!
So many people have posted on yellow this year, but this is BY far the best compilation of perfectly-used yellow in interiors (IMhO)
I'm saving several to my fave files, will probably be posting a few (as I can't stand NOT to), and will be giving you full credit for the research.
Lovely post - thanks!

alison g.(brazil)
My Little Happy Place

jana said...

Found via a callout on dwellings and decor blog; must agree w/alison, great compilation, I love the blend of yellow w/ white, black neutral tones, lacquer and chrome. very nice and I appreciate the happy connotation; hoping it rubs off in a few minutes :)

Michelle said...

thanks for your lovely comments Alison and Jana.....thank you for visiting me !!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

It does all that...and some! Great post on a great and happy color.

Maria Killam said...

That is one of the best posts on yellow I've ever seen! I'm saving it in my favourites! Very well done.

pve design said...

oh my word, yellow does add zest and freshness.
suddenly I want yellow!!!
pve

Alya said...

I love the yellow accents in the rooms, I prefer them much more than yellow walls.. All the images are lovely and inspirational :)

Charlie said...

I feel like yellow is popping out all around us. I think that is a good thing, it really gives off a really good happy, positive vibe. Love the photos you chose!

Fifi Flowers said...

GREAT to see a post here!
That little splah of yellow in all these rooms is cheer... what a statement yellow makes... I don't have it in my house... but I like it in photos!
Bon week-end!
Fifi

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

GORGEOUS yellow touches ....that is one color i dont have in my home..but i love it!




Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com-

Design Esquire said...

I love yellow too! Beautiful photos that really show how to properly use yellow.

Mr. Fix It said...

Good example of how a little bit of color really pops when paired with a white or neutral palette. Lemon yellow may be a little blinding though. haha